Convention 2015 in Kalamazoo, Saturday May 9
“Let’s Grow Liberty”
We have an exciting convention in the works for LPMers and guests this year, in the original home of Gibson guitars and major player in founding the modern American craft beer movement: Kalamazoo. In fact, Friday night (5/8) the Libertarian Party of South-West Michigan will host a pub crawl! [Meet time and place, 6:00-6:30 p.m. at the hotel lobby to catch the hotel shuttle, which will take 2-3 trips to downtown. Instructions will be given at check-in. For $20 you get a snazzy LPM t-shirt, august company, and transportation to downtown and back to the hotel… which is the Holiday Inn West.]
Convention speakers are:
- C. Michael Pickens—keynote: current chair of the LP of Washington, author: Libertarian Leadership: Planting the seed for a Libertarian future.
- Darryl W. Perry—banquet: award-winning author of Duopoly: How the Republicrats control the electoral process.
- Brian R. Wright—breakout: LPM Webmaster and author, will be discussing his new book, Satyagraha Liberty, as it relates to practical Libertarian strategies.
- Reverend Neil Carrick will speak at the luncheon: Pastor Carrick has been fighting for marriage liberty in Michigan.
This is the ‘in between’ convention year, with officers and bylaws/platform up for reconfiguration. Please don’t miss what promises to be a fertile event… one for the books. We’re trying to keep costs down in these trying times on the threshold of ‘rEvolution.’ So come one, come all. Here is the price schedule:
- Full Package: Before 5/7: $60, After 5/6: $80
- Convention + Luncheon w/Carrick Before 5/7: $35, After 5/6: $50
- Convention Only: Before 5/7: $25, After 5/6: $40
- Banquet Only: Before 5/7: $30, After 5/6: $50
- Luncheon with Neil Carrick Before 5/7: $20, After 5/6: $25
Proceed here to register: http://michiganlp.org/?p=3961
In downtown Kalamazoo’s vibrant restaurant and brewery district. The fee for this event will be $20 (includes an LPM newly designed custom t-shirt and transportation to Downtown Kzoo and back to the Holiday Inn West, at the end of the evening. (Drinks not included.) The t-shirt (logo at right) enables pub crawlers to get into all participating bars without a cover charge. The Pub Crawl is separate from the convention, so we have a separate payment button below:
Saturday. May 9th: Business and Banquet
8-8:45AM – Registration
8:45AM – Call to order
8:50AM – Welcome to Kalamazoo and officer reports
9:30AM – Keynote speaker: C. Michael Pickens
10:15AM – Breakout sessions: Brian R. Wright and others.
11:15AM – Platform committee
12:15-1PM – Lunch
1-1:45PM – Pastor Neil Carrick
1:45-3PM – Bylaws committee
3-4:30PM – Election of new LEC officers
4:30-5PM – Outgoing and Incoming officers meeting (breakout session)
5PM -Cocktail reception
6:30- 7:30PM – Dinner speaker: Darryl W. Perry
Business begins at 8:00 a.m. lasting ’til 5:00 p.m. Includes election of party officers and central committee, as well as any revision of platform and bylaws. Kim Moore hosts bylaws: please send any revisions for bylaws to Kim at email@example.com. James Weeks II hosts platform committee: please send revisions to his attention here: firstname.lastname@example.org. Convention keynote speaker is C. Michael Pickens. Breakout session(s): Brian Wright (and others).
Buffet style banquet: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., banquet speaker is Darryl W. Perry.
Details as they develop.
You must be a current Libertarian Party of Michigan member to vote on party business.
Holiday Inn West will be offering a special room rate of $105 (Limited time only. Early reservations required).
2747 South Eleventh Street
Kalamazoo, MI, 49009, US
Book By Phone: 269.375.6000
Special Notice of Roadwork Near Hotel
We didn’t plan for this, but road construction has the exit ramp to the Holiday Inn West completely closed. It’s going to be closed all summer long. Anyone coming here via I-94 should use this route to get to the convention.