- Upcoming Events
March 23, 2005 - 7:30 PM
- Libertarian Party of Oakland County general membership meeting. Wed., March 23, starting at 7:30. Optional dinner starting at 6:30.
- Location: Sila's Restaurant, 4033 W. 12 Mile, 2 blocks east of Greenfield, in Berkley.
- Contact: Leonard Schwartz Phone: (248) 546-3569 E-mail: Leonard@Schwartz45.com
March 24, 2005 - 7:30 PM
- Work Session. The newsletter will be prepared for mailing.
- Location: Cubs' AC Restaurant (located in the back room of the Colonial Lanes Bowling Center) at 1950 S Industrial Hwy, Ann Arbor.
- Contact: Jeff Weber Phone: (734) 434-6486 E-mail: email@example.com
April 2, 2005 - 5:30 PM
- Annual LPWC Sam Adams Dinner. This year's featured speaker will be Gatewood Galbraith, a political activist, attorney, marijuana smoker and legalization supporter, gun owner, and independent candidate for public office. Please see related news item for more details.
- Location: Best Western Plaza (2900 Jackson Rd. in Ann Arbor).
- Contact: Larry Johnson Phone: (734) 320-7237 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 9, 2005 - 1:00 PM
- Campaign manager training for nonpartisan campaigns. Seating is limited. Reservations are required.
- Location: Home of Barb Collins, 2916 Wakefield, at Wiltshire, about a quarter mile south of 12 Mile and a quarter mile west of Coolidge, in Berkley.
- Contact: Leonard Schwartz Phone: (248) 546-3569 E-mail: email@example.com
April 23, 2005 - 9:30 AM
- LPM Convention 2005 - "Strategies for Success". For more information and a registration form, visit www.TriCityLibertarianParty.org
- Location: Holiday Inn Resort and Conference Center; 5665 East Pickard Road, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
- Contact: Rosemarie Jozwiak Phone: (989) 922-5226 E-mail: Jozwiak@HotPOP.com
- For more events, see the online calendar at:
- Eric Plourde by Leonard Schwartz
Eric Plourde, a 16 year old LPM member, was appointed
the student representative to the Orion Township Safety Path
Advisory Committee. Congratulations Eric.
Back to Contents
- Campaign Manager Training by Leonard Schwartz
Campaign Manager Training Class
Sponsored by Libertarian Party of Oakland County
Barb Collins volunteered to give a campaign manager
training class. The class is specifically for nonpartisan
campaigns. Everyone who plans to be a campaign manager for a
Michigan Libertarian who plans to be a candidate this year
is welcome. The class is free.
Time: Saturday, April 9, from 1 to 5.
Place: The home of Barb Collins, 2916 Wakefield, at
Wiltshire, about a quarter mile south of 12 Mile and a
quarter mile west of Coolidge, in Berkley.
Seating is limited. Reservations are required. If you
want to attend, contact Leonard Schwartz, 248-546-3569,
Back to Contents
- Proposed By-laws Amendments for April LPM Convention by Will Tyler White
The by-laws committee requests that any affiliate with
a proposed by-laws amendment please contact committee chair
Will White at 517 349-3806, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
While anyone can propose an amendment from the floor of
the convention, chances of passage are better if the exact
wording is debated before hand and presented in the report
from the by-laws committee. It also helps avoid lengthy
debate on the floor of the convention.
Committee members will try and visit any local
affiliate requesting a conference.
So far the major proposals are: two-year terms for
Executive Committee members (with one-year vote of
confidence), and changing the at-large directors to
functional directors. Greg Dirasian presents details on the
functional directors proposal in the upcoming Michigan
The by-laws committee may have a final meeting in
Lansing on a Sunday in April to review the proposed
amendments. Notice of the meeting will be posted in this
Back to Contents