- Upcoming Events
- Vote June 11
- Upcoming Events
June 5, 2001 - 6:30 PM
- Monthly Meeting - LP of Wayne County Dinner 6:30pm. Program starts at 7:45pm.
- Location: La Trattoria Restaurant - Dearborn MI
- Contact: Joann Karpinski Phone: (313) 925-6917 E-mail: Momjoann@aol.com
June 5, 2001 - 7:00 PM
- Kalamazoo Libertarian Party General Meeting
- Location: TGI Friday's Restaurant, 5650 W. Main St., Oshtemo, MI
- Contact: Tim Miley Phone: (616) 668-3951 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 11, 2001
- School Board and millage elections. Get out and vote!
- Location: Your local polling place.
- Contact: Phone: (616) 669-2851
June 11, 2001 - 7:00 PM
- Clare-Gladwin Libertarian Party Meeting. Topics covered will be petitioning, the Clare County Fair, Summer Parades and getting the Freedom 2001 Banquest in October put together, refreshments provided.
- Location: Grant Township Hall, 1 mile West of Jay's Sporting Goods on Surrey Road.
- Contact: Ghazey Aleck Phone: (989) 386-2699 E-mail: email@example.com
June 11, 2001 - 7:00 PM
- LP of Livingston County invites you to our monthly meeting. Dinner is at 7 p.m. and business begins at 8 p.m.
- Location: Mexican Jones Restaurante, 675 W. Grand River Ave., Brighton, MI.
- Contact: George Sise Phone: (734) 498-3298 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 12, 2001 - 7:00 PM
- LP of Oakland County Executive Committee Meeting. All dues-paying members are welcome. Business begins at 7:00 PM.
- Location: LPM Headquarters, 619 East Nine Mile in Hazel Park, just east of I-75.
- Contact: Chris Pellerito Phone: (248) 373-9411 E-mail: email@example.com
June 13, 2001 - 6:30 PM
- Libertarians of Macomb County monthly meeting. Drinks and dinner at 6:30 PM, business begins at 7:00 PM.
- Location: Miles World Resturant, 17689 Masonic, Fraser, MI 48026, 810-415-4500.
- Contact: Diane Barnes Phone: (810) 774-1625 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 14, 2001 - 7:00 PM
- The Ballot Access Restoration Committee meets the second and fourth Thursday every month -- until we submit petition signatures to the Bureau of Elections to be certified to once again be able to run Libertarian candidates in partisan races. All LPM members are welcome to attend and help with both the planning and execution of our petition drive.
- Location: LPMHQ, 619 E. 9 Mile, Hazel Park (just east of I-75)
- Contact: Nancy O'Brien Phone: (313) 562-5778 E-mail: email@example.com
June 20, 2001
- Monthly meeting of the St. Clair County affiliate.
- Location: Figaro's is located at 1503 11th Street, Port Huron, MI 48060. TX: (810) 987-3588. Join us for dinner at 6:00 PM. Business begins at 7:00 PM.
- Contact: Richard Friend Phone: (810) 982-7178 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 21, 2001 - 7:00 AM
- Regular monthly meeting of the Berrien County Libertarian Party.
- Location: Conference room of the Berrien Springs Public Library, located across from the Old County Courthouse in Berrien Springs MI
- Contact: Glenn Whitt, Secretary Phone: (616) 473-2764 E-mail: email@example.com
- For more events, see the online calendar at:
- Vote June 11 by Jason C. Miller
Please get out and vote on June 11 for your local
school district elections. If you only show up to voice
your opinion on millage votes and cast a write-in vote in an
unopposed board election, it's important to vote. Local
districts need to see high voter turnout so the elected
officials realize that the people are their bosses.
Jason C. Miller
Back to Contents
- Petitioners! by Nancy O'Brien
Al Titran -- our premier petition checker -- kindly
requests that all filled 9or even mostly filled) petition
forms be sent to the HQ so that he can check and enter them
into the database ASAP. This is a tedious, time-consuming
process. The sooner petitions are in the office, the sooner
the checking process can begin.Back to Contents
Also, to facilitate this process it would be very helpful if
you could write your six digit membership number (found on
any mailing label addressed to you by the LPM) on the left
hand margin of the form.
Al would really appreciate any volunteer help to check
signatures on any Friday between 1pm and 5pm.
Finally, we will need as many volunteers as possible to
check sigantures on Saturday 6/23 beginning at 1pm
Created with NewsNet Pipeline - The Online Newsletter Connector
Return to News Archive
Return to LP of Michigan Home Page