- Upcoming Events
- Oakland County Affiliate Creates E-Mail Discussion Forum
- BARC Signature Estimates
- Upcoming Events
February 13, 2001 - 1:00 PM
- We once again have a mailing to get out for the State party. It is scheduled for LPM HQ on Tuesday, February 13 starting at 1 PM. If you would like to help after work, please call before coming to see if we have completed it yet. Two of our stalwarts, Dick & Rae Jozwiak, are on vacation and will not be there. So we MAY run over into the evening. But we never know. So call 248-591-FREE to check.
- Location: LPM HQ, 619 E. 9 Mile Rd., Hazel Park
- Contact: Joann Karpinski Phone: (248) 591-3733 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 14, 2001 - 6:30 PM
- Libertarians of Macomb County monthly meeting. Drinks and dinner at 6:30 PM, business begins at 7:00 PM.
- Location: Miles World Resturant, 17689 Masonic, Fraser, MI 48026, 810-415-4500.
- Contact: Diane Barnes Phone: (810) 774-1625 E-mail: email@example.com
February 15, 2001 - 7:30 PM
- Van Buren County Libertarian Party meeting. Dinner, drinks and lots of good company is in South Haven and starts at 6:30. The meeting begins at 7:30. The public is welcome!!!
- Location: CT's Restaurant of South Haven (Blue Star Hwy & M-140)
- Contact: Bill Bradley Phone: (616) 637-4525 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 18, 2001 - 1:00 PM
- LPM Executive Committee meeting
- Location: LPM Headquarters, 619 E. 9 Mile Rd., Hazel Park. Directions: Take I-75 to Nine Mile Road. Go east on Nine Mile for approximately five blocks. The HQ building will be on the left. See www.mi.lp.org/hq/ for a map.
- Contact: Stacy Van Oast Phone: (810) 784-8783 E-mail: email@example.com
February 20, 2001 - 7:00 PM
- The Libertarians of Allegan County will hold their monthly meeting at the Blue Heron. Our special guest will be Ray Wilson from Allegan County based Citizens for School Accountability (http://www.geocities.com/stoptaxes/) Ray will talk to us about the upcoming 2.8 millage vote to give KVCC special access to Allegan County. We will have information about the statewide petition drive to put the LP back on the ballot for 2002 elections. Also on the agenda will be news from the Feb 4 LPM conference in Plainwell and the LPM convention coming up the first weekend of May.
- Location: The entrance to the Riverfront parking is at the corner of Hubbard and Chestnut. Drive down and park behind Dockerty's. The Blue Heron is right next door to Docherty's, entrance on the riverfront. All interested in the Libertarian Party are welcome.
- Contact: Rick Dutkiewicz Phone: (616) 673-5503 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 21, 2001
- Monthly meeting of the St. Clair County affiliiate.
- Location: Figaro's is located at 1503 11th Street, Port Huron, MI 48060. TX: (810) 987-3588. Join us for dinner at 6:00 PM. Business begins at 7:00 PM.
- Contact: Richard Friend Phone: (810) 982-7178 E-mail: email@example.com
February 27, 2001 - 7:00 PM
- The monthly meeting of the Ottawa County Libertarian Party
- Location: The Yellow Jacket Inn. 12011 Lake Michigan Dr. West Olive, MI
- Contact: Jason C. Miller Phone: (616) 669-2851 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 28, 2001 - 6:30 PM
- LP of Oakland County General Membership Meeting. Public welcome. Meet for dinner at 6:30PM, business begins at 7:30PM.
- Location: Sila's, 4033 W. 12 Mile Rd., Berkley. Sila's is located 2 blocks east of Greenfield on 12 Mile Rd.
- Contact: Chris Pellerito Phone: (248) 373-9411 E-mail: email@example.com
March 6, 2001 - 6:30 PM
- Monthly Meeting - LP of Wayne County Dinner 6:30pm. Program starts at 7:45pm.
- Location: La Trattoria Restaurant - Dearborn MI
- Contact: Joann Karpinski Phone: (313) 925-6917 E-mail: Momjoann@aol.com
March 8, 2001 - 7:00 PM
- Libertarian Party of Berrien County will hold its monthly meeting. Please contact us in case of a change of meeting location. Please tune in to designated broadcast stations in case of cancellation or postponement due to inclimate weather conditions
- Location: Chili's Restaurant, Hilltop Road at Washington St, Saint Joseph MI
- Contact: Glenn Whitt Phone: (616) 473-2764 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more events, see the online calendar at:
- Oakland County Affiliate Creates E-Mail Discussion Forum by Sara Sjoberg
A voluntary, public email discussion list has been
established, regarding Oakland County government and the
Oakland County Board of Commissioners. The purpose will be
to distribute information about county government activities
(meeting notices, agendas, meeting minutes, pending
resolutions, committee activities, etc.) and to encourage
discussion of and participation in Oakland County government
If you would like to join this discussion list, please
go to http://oaklandcbc.listbot.com/ to subscribe. Feel
free to invite others to join! The more members we have,
the more interesting the discussion will be.
Back to Contents
- BARC Signature Estimates by Ben Bachrach
The 125 people listed below have responded to our
request to commit to collecting signatures to get the
Libertarian Party back on the Michigan ballot. They
estimate they will collect 15,611 signatures.
If you would like to be added to the honor roll,
contact Ben Bachrach at Ben45@aol.com and let him know the
number of signatures you expect to collect once the Ballot
Petition Drive starts in May.
Todd A. Barnett
Beth Joy Blackbird
Jerry E Bloom
Scott M. Gitler
Richard E Jozwiak
Richard A Kugel
Laverne W Masten
James F. Montgomery
Timothy C Morey
James A Newman
Tim Sawyer Knowlton
Darryl J Schmitz
Curtis W Smith
Jeffrey S Smith
Larry J Smith
Ben Steele, III
Ben Steele, Jr
Greg Willis Jr
Greg Willis Sr.
Back to Contents